How to become a real estate agent in Lagos Nigeria – One of the frequently asked questions by visitors to this Lagos Nigeria real estate website relates to how to become a real estate agent.
This page has been created to answer that question.
Follow the simple steps below to become a successful real estate agent.
1. Find a respectable real estate company and signup as a consultant (or affiliate) with the company
2. Join the Association of Property Investment And Commission Agents of Nigeria (APICON)
3. Attend APICON meetings (usually bi-monthly) to meet other real estate agents in your area and build your network of agents to work with to enable you easily satisfy customer requirements
4. Open an office where potential customers can reach you
5. Print your business card so you can easily share your business with potential clients and establish your brand
6. Register with LASRETRAD - The Lagos State Real Estate Transaction Department based in Lagos state secretariat ALausa, Lagos Nigeria (if you're a real estate agent based in Lagos state Nigeria
7. Liaise with property owners in your area to create your own portfolio of properties
8. Advertise the properties in your portfolio online using social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn etc
The above are the 8 simple steps on how to become a real estate agent in Nigeria.
Here's the truth.
There is money in Nigeria real estate business if you do it right. That is why thousands of people have jumped into the real estate business in Nigeria.
For example, a colleague sold a property for 25 million Naira in Ogba and the commission on that single transaction was 1,250,000 Naira. His share of that commission (after being split among 4 agents who participated in the deal was) =N=300,000.
Another colleague registered as a consultant with a real estate company in Lagos and within 4 months in the business, she earned a total commission of =N=2.79 million.
Get the point?
Real estate is big business. And commission pay outs can be staggering especially when you sell expensive houses like the kind of houses in Ikoyi Lagos Nigeria going for 500 million Naira (or more) per property.
So, if you're still thinking of how to become a real estate agent in Nigeria, this is the time to take action and get acquainted with the real estate business world by becoming an independent real estate consultant with a well-established real estate company.
Fill the simple form below to get the FREE Real Estate Business Manual that explains how you can partner with several real estate companies to earn juicy commissions monthly. The business manual also provides the list of 10 reliable companies you can work with RIGHT NOW to earn fat commissions.