The first time home buyer fears a number of things. Basically she's anxious about what the outcome of the purchase will be.
For example . . .
These are questions that run through your mind as you get ready to part with your hard-earned money in exchange for an already built apartment.
Be assured that your worries and first time home buyer fears are only natural. After all, you're making the biggest investment of your life. A home is the most expensive item you will buy in your lifetime.
And Who wants to lose all that money to fraudsters?
Not me, not you . . . not anyone in her right senses.
Therefore it makes perfect sense to be wary when buying a property, especially if you're a first time home buyer new to the business of evaluating a property for quality.
Here are some tips to help you buy like a pro.
1. Don't be in a hurry to pay
2. Take a tour of the property for sale with a trustworthy relative or friend
3. Employ the services of a trustworthy real estate agent
4. Employ a home inspection engineer to evaluate the house for functionality and durability
5. Trust your instincts. If you have an uneasy feeling about the property, it's best to fore-go it.
6. Ensure the transaction is legally binding. Get a lawyer to draw up the appropriate legal documents.
7. Do not pay cash
Home buying is not a culture among Nigerians just yet. Most people go through the rigor of building their own home instead of buying and moving in almost immediately.
Consequently, a first time home buyer in Lagos Nigeria will have additional concerns to those already discussed.
Let me put your mind at rest.
Buying a new home is just like buying a new car or anything else you use in your everyday life.
Simply . . .
Irrespective of your personal believes, buying a home simplifies the
journey to property ownership. You step from being a tenant to a
landlord in a matter of days not months.
But be sure to safeguard your purchase using the tips above.
P.S: Ready to buy your dream home? Click HERE to become a home owner in Lagos