C of O Lagos Nigeria - Procedure For Obtaining C of O In Lagos
Below is the official Lagos state government procedure for obtaining certificate of occupancy in Lagos.
Procedure For Private Certificate of Occupancy
3. Submission of application in LUAC (Land Use Allocation Commission), lands with supporting documents:
i. land information certificate
ii. receipt for land information fee
iii. receipt for application form
iv. =N=10,000 publication/inspection fee
v. capital contribution (subject to a minimum of 30,000)
vi. Land purchase receipt/agreement (duly stamped)
xii. Site location sketch
xiii. 3 no. passport photographs (individuals) with white background
xiv. 2 no. survey plans (sun print)
xv. copy of approved building plan (if developed)
xvi. copy of tenement rate receipt (if occupied)
xvii. cover letter addressed to executive secretary LUAC, stating all documents attached, as above (typed with applicant's address) and
xviii. collection of acknowledgement slip (LUAC)
4. Completion for publication (21 days objection period)5. Title search (land registry)
6. Site inspection and report (LUAC, estate section)
7. C of O engrossment (drafting, typing, and submission) LUAC
8. Recommendation for execution [executive secretary (LUAC), permanent secretary (lands), and attorney general (justice)
9. stamping and registration (stamping ministry of finance, registration: LRD, lands)
10. collection of executed and registered certificate of occupancy (C of O collection office, LUAC)
The C of O Process - Tedious
So, there you have it . . . the procedure for obtaining certificate of occupancy in Lagos Nigeria.
Did I hear you say it is tedious?
But that is what you need to do to secure your property. Otherwise, you will lose money - serious money.
Don't be scammed!
Do things the right way.
P.S. Download a printable version of the C of O procedure by filling the form below. You also get FREE subscription to the Real Estate Guide Newsletter . . . the ultimate guide to real estate investing in Lagos Nigeria.
P.S: The book, "How To Earn One Million Naira Per Month – The Secret To Financial Freedom Revealed!", explains five strategies to grow your income to as high as one million Naira per month. Want to earn one million Naira per month? Click HERE to learn more.
P.P.S: Do you love this site? Then become one of our sponsors.