Buying A New Home Versus Building A New Home – Which Is Better?
Advantages of buying a new home
1. You have the unique opportunity to view several completed homes before making your choice
4. You pay and walk away with the keys. You can move in the next day if you wish
5. A good pre-purchase home inspection when buying a new home ensures post-purchase renovations are minimal whereas your budget when building a new home cannot be guaranteed. Galloping prices of building materials can render your budget estimates inadequate. That means more out-of-budget expenses for you.
Advantages of building a new home
3. You stand a chance of cutting the overall cost of building a new home because you are on hand during the building of your home
4. You can make adjustments to the plan or correct misconceptions about the house plan as you build. This ensures that mistakes from the plan development do not become a permanent feature in the finished building.
Should you buy an already built home or build your own home from scratch?
It's up to you.
However, remember that just as buying a new home and building a new home have advantages, they also each have disadvantages.
Weigh the options carefully.
The bottom line is your joy and satisfaction. Do what will give you the most contentment.
P.S. Want to buy an already built house in Lagos Nigeria? Search the property listings on this site and make your choice. Then contact us to complete the purchase.
Alternatively, if you wish to build your Lagos Nigeria home employing the services of a new home builder, then let our property development team work with you to build your dream home.